I asked some locals what they wanted tourist to know before visiting their country!
1. ”Even though Canadians usually get teased about being too polite, we actually really respect people who are polite, too! (saying please and thank you, holding doors, etc.)”
2. ”Watch where you’re going. Obviously if you’re a tourist, you’re most likely looking up or through a camera, but it can be really annoying when people aren’t looking where they’re going and run into you.”
3. ”Traffic signs, food packing, etc, is written in both English and French.”
4. ”Also guns are NOT a thing. Only people who really have guns are hunters who have long riffles.”
“I live in Regina SK which is where the RCMP Training Depot is. This is where all the members of the RCMP train.”
5. ”There is a very interesting kid friendly museum here and there are tours available from the museum.”
6. ”There is also a chapel which has non denominational services once a month that are open to the public.”
“ What do I wish people knew about Canada?”
7. ” The Canadian Dollar is not the American Dollar.”
8. ”We don’t all live in igloos or teepees.”
9. ”We have gun control laws – don’t bring your hand guns to Canada!”
10. ”We have health care – we pay for it through our taxes. Don’t show up and expect to get free health care unless you pay taxes here!”
11. ”We don’t have all the same food chains here as in the US.”
Drinking tip: Drinking starts at 18 or 19 depending where you live.
Map of Canada
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this article! Please feel free to give me more suggestions down in the comments or email, and I can add you to the list!
Make sure to subscribe to stay in the loop, you don’t want miss a blog post! Makes sure to add ChasaTravels@gmail.com to your contacts so my emails are not lost to spam!
This website contains some affiliate links/ads, clicking and buying through these links will give me a small commission to help keep my site running, but will be no additional cost to you.