Fun Packed Guide For the Windy City
Olivia is here to guide us through a fun weekend in Chicago:Enjoy this guest post by Olivia
Everyone deserves a little getaway once and a while. I mean who doesn’t love a quick weekend getaway to a whole new city?!
Chicago is the perfect city to spend a weekend in. From having mid range hotel prices, a beautiful skyline, plenty of things for families to do, and delicious food Chicago would make a awesome weekend getaway! Since there so much to do in Chicago I put together a small itinerary for you guys if you ever decide to visit Chicago.
Where to stay
I would definitely recommend to stay in a AirBnB. There are some nice ones right downtown with some great views. But if hotels are more your choice, I would recommend these three to choose from.
- Wyndham Grand Chicago- Great views of the river and downtown. Also close to all the main tourists hot spots.
- Hilton Garden Inn- Located right next to Magnificent Mile, it’s a great hotel located right in the heart of the city.
- Fairmont- Located next to Millennium Park and 3 blocks away from Lake Michigan, Navy Pier and Museum Campus.
Things to do
- Visit Navy Pier- Walk around and watch the boats pass by, take a ride on the famous Ferris wheel and if you visit in the summer they offer a firework show every Wednesday and Saturday.
- Visit the Field Museum-One of the most popular museums to visit in Chicago. Take a picture with Sue the T.Rex or walk through a Egyptian tomb. They also have 3D movie and a play lab for kids. Some other museums are Science and Industry, Planetarium, and the Shedd Aquarium.
- Take a walk through Millennium Park- A beautiful park where the famous bean it is. They offer free events and exhibits
** If you visiting with kids Lincoln Park Zoo and the Children’s Museums are a must!
- Lou Malnati’s- A trip to Chicago isn’t complete without trying the pizza! Locals will tell you Lou Malnati’s is the place to go!
- Bavatte Bar + Boeuf- If your looking for a upscale place this is your place. A popular steakhouse in the downtown area.
- Frontera Grill-If you got a taste for Mexican food this is a great place to go!
I can go on and on about what to do in Chicago! These are just a few great things to do while there. Have you ever been to Chicago?
Make sure to subscribe to stay in the loop, you don’t want miss a blog post! Makes sure to add ChasaTravels@gmail.com to your contacts so my emails are not lost to spam!
Chasa is a travel blogger who has been writing since 2016. She has traveled domestically and internationally since 2013 and resides in the state of Alabama, where she pursues her passion for helping people see the beauty in other states and countries through her own accounts.
This website contains some affiliate links/ads, clicking and buying through these links will give me a small commission to help keep my site running, but will be no additional cost to you.