What’s there to do in a small town like Alabaster?
Here is a list to get you started! Things you can do before venturing off to Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, or Montgomery.
1. Buck Creek Park: A little park that has a small playground, walking track, and a trail that goes all the way down to Warrior Park. You can see all kinds of birds here. If you walk on the trail you will reach the dam which is a really cool area.
2. Veterans Park in Alabaster not the one in Hoover: This park has a an excellent Dog park. It has a small and large area for dogs that are separate. It has a walking track, skateboard park, and a disc golf course. There are also pavilions, and baseball fields. There are also about four ponds, where you can see birds, and other animals sometimes. They also have a little festival called Bark in the Park, You can check out my festivals post here to find out when.
3. Hooligans Family Fun: This is a family owned arcade. I haven’t went here to play yet, but it sounds like a lot of fun! They also have black light putt putt.
4. Press Start: Where you can buy and sell different game systems and where they also have different game systems set up where you can play.
5. AmStar 14: This is a movie theater. You don’t even have to go to the big city to watch a movie.
6. Alabaster also has a couple of antique stores near K &J right on 31.
7. Limestone Park: This is also a nice little place to observe birds and there is also an area to fly RC planes.
Where to Eat/Drink
1. Chubbfathers– I have eaten here twice. The first time it was located in a new spot, but I can say the burgers and fries are spot on. Especially the fries, they are so crispy!
2. K & J Elegant Pastries: If you are looking for cupcakes or milk shakes that are out of this world you have to stop here! Happy to have this place only 5 minutes down the road.
3. Frios Groumet Pops: If you are looking for some local pops that are homemade you have to try these! They always have different favors for different seasons! I am so lucky this place is only 5 minutes away from me.
4. Siluria Brewery: A brewery opening soon! They will have music venue and a beer garden!
If you are from Alabaster, let me know what else I should add on here!
To find out more things to do in Alabama “click here”.
Make sure to subscribe to stay in the loop, you don’t want miss a blog post! Makes sure to add ChasaTravels@gmail.com to your contacts so my emails are not lost to spam!
Click the links down below to follow me on any of my social medias!
Chasa is a travel blogger who has been writing since 2016. She has traveled domestically and internationally since 2013 and resides in the state of Alabama, where she pursues her passion for helping people see the beauty in other states and countries through her own accounts.
This website contains some affiliate links/ads, clicking and buying through these links will give me a small commission to help keep my site running, but will be no additional cost to you.